Our Blog

3/14/13

Try this beautiful, new piece…

For several years, I have been interested in bringing the strumstick to you.  As music has increasingly become a part of Abode Gallery, I thought that now was a good time to introduce it.  Check out this video on strumstick.

I found strumstick at the Philadelphia American Craft Show.  Handmade from padouk, spruce, and maple, strumstick is beautiful in appearance and sound.  I was drawn in by its elegance.  It is a work of art as well as an instrument. 

Having never played before, I discovered the claim that strumstick is an instrument for the musically disinclined to be true.  After receiving the demo models in both the standard G and D grand, I have already learned between three and five songs.  Click here to hear an intermediate person playing strumstick.    

These are touch and play instruments.  I invite you to stop by, try the demos, and find out more about strumstick.  You’ll be glad you did.

Alan
Abode Gallery
Stockholm
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

CONTACT US

HOME

BLOG